1. He is not at home. He ( ) to work at the office.
1 goes 2 went 3 has gone 4 has been
2. She ( ) abroad most of her life, but at last she came back to her native country.
1 lives 2 lived 3 has lived 4 had lived
3. It ( ) me two hours to come to school.
1 takes 2 goes 3 costs 4 spends
4. My father ( ) for forty years.
1 is dying 2 has been dead 3 was killed 4 died
5. I will have been ( ) English for seven years next March.
1 to learn 2 learned 3 learning to 4 learning
6. After I ( ) my homework, I went to bed.
1 was finished 2 have finished 3 had finished 4 was finishing
7. Nick can speak French quite well because he( ) it for five years in France.
1 is studying 2 has been studied 3 would have studied 4 has been studying
問2 同じ意味になるように、( )内に入るべき適語を選択肢1~5から選びなさい。
1. She went to the party in a red dress.
＝She ( ) a red dress to the party.
2. He was poor, but he tried to look rich.
＝He ( ) not to be poor.
3. The drunken man would not leave the pub.
＝The drunken man ( ) to leave the pub.
4. I said good-bye to him at the station.
＝I( ) from him at the station.
5. I have not thought of it before.
＝It has not ( ) to me before.
➊refused ➋occurred ➌wore ➍pretended ➎parted
=It has been (is) forty years since my father died (since my father’s death).
=Forty years have passed since my father died (since my father’s death).
「その酔っ払いはパブを去ろうとはしなかった」would not ~「どうしても～しようとしなかった」